Rumor Roundup: WWE ratings concerns, more AEW TV, Mia Yim dispute, more!
Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- In the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer noted that WWE used the draft to put their three hottest angles on SmackDown, because keeping ratings up on FOX is the big priority right now. The three big angles are the ones that include Roman Reigns, Bayley, and Seth Rollins.
- Cody Rhodes told TV Insider that AEW’s upcoming third hour of television won’t be an extra hour of Dynamite. Instead, it will be “a separate hour on a WarnerMedia network.”
- HeelByNature explains that there is a trademark conflict brewing right now between Mia Yim and WWE over her ring name.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer mentioned that Jeff Cobb will be getting a push in the aftermath of NJPW’s G1 tournament.
- On his Twitch stream, Miro said that AEW has lost Ben Carter to “the dark side”, implying a deal between Carter and WWE is done.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.
**For Original Source – Click Here**