Rumor Roundup: Orton’s title win, Tucker turn, Marty Scurll ROH status, more!
Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE’s long-term plans for the WWE title haven’t changed, according to Wrestling Observer Radio. Once Edge is cleared, they’ll start working toward him challenging Randy Orton for the belt at WrestleMania 37.
- The timing of Orton’s win at Hell in a Cell confused people backstage, sources told Fightful Select, because he’d been protected from WrestleMania 36 until SummerSlam but then lost repeatedly during the program with Drew McIntyre.
- WWE.com lists Tucker on the SmackDown roster page, which led to some speculation he’s being moved back there after turning on Otis. But it seems they never moved him to Raw after the Draft, so don’t read too much into that.
- Marty Scurll is no longer listed on Ring of Honor’s roster page. PW Insider notes that he hasn’t been at any of ROH’s Baltimore TV tapings, and despite having been named head booker when he re-signed, Scurll hasn’t been involved in booking decisions since the company’s investigation of #SpeakingOut allegations against him & others was announced. Dave Meltzer said on WOR that he isn’t fired, just not being used.
- Meltzer also reports that the Abadon/Tay Conti match announced for this week’s Dynamite has been pulled as a result of the injury Adadon suffered when it was filmed.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.
**For Original Source – Click Here**