Rumor Roundup: NXT COVID situation, Kylie Rae, WWE name change, more!
Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- NXT’s latest COVID scare stems from an “in-house live event” held last Friday, according to Fightful Select. WWE has been regular holds the events to monitor trainees progress.
- Talent and staff who didn’t attend last Friday’s event were said to be “in the dark” about a potential outbreak.
- Fightful also had an update on Kylie Rae, who Impact is hoping to have back as soon as she’s able. There’s no heat on her for no showing Bound For Glory, and storyline possibilities were left open for her at this week’s taping.
- Earlier this week, Wrestling Observer Radio reported Rae was “physically fine” when officials finally reached her after Saturday’s PPV. Talent Fightful spoke to for their report hadn’t heard from her since before Bound For Glory.
- WWE looks to be going with “The Associate” as the gimmick name for AJ Styles’ bodyguard Jordon Omogbehin, per Observer Radio.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.
**For Original Source – Click Here**